Friday, June 6, 2008

Some tasty treats...

Yes, I have utilized the kitchen here in the South for my usual baked goods and desserty type foods. Since I was so inspired by Hungry Bruno, I decided to try my hand at her banana nut bread which she made prior to my departure from 180 Washington. It came out very nicely and was pretty tasty. I doubled the number of bananas for which the recipe called, and as hoped, the final product had all the banana-walnut flavors I wanted.

When the joint Glenn's birthday/Memorial Day Party came around, I decided to make one of my favorite desserts which I've always associated with the beginning of summer: Trifle. The best thing about it - other than its fruity deliciousness and not-so-bad-for-you appeal - is that no ovens or electric utensils are needed. Grab the angel food, the jam, the pudding, the cool whip, and an assortment of your favorite fruits, and presto! A refreshing treat! All thanks to my Mom for introducing me to this yumminess and passing on her recipe. I'm sure I'll make it again before the summer's done. *Oh, I didn't have a traditional trifle dish, hence, the less than stellar presentation.

My next baking goal will be the Crispy Salted Oatmeal White Chocolate cookies Bruno posted last month. But I'm not quite ready for those.

1 comment:

REI Guy said...

What, no layer of beef sauteed with peas and onions?