Monday, February 8, 2010

Weihenstephaner So Close - and On Draft!

Now, I know this isn't a film related post, but I had to share this photo I took at my new favorite pub in Atlanta - Ormsby's (I actually took this pic a few weeks ago during my first trip to the Westside pub and have been back a few more times). I really wish I could be there right now, but it's Monday and I need to attempt homework and saving calories and money. Really, I'm not a big drinker. I do enjoy beer and wine, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't take much to get me tipsy - especially on an empty stomach. Anyhow, after my friend Alexa sampled what felt like every beer on draft (only to end up with a Sam Light in the bottle), her barely touched glasses ended up in front of me, and therefore, most of the people around that night think me a lush. But I was able to sample many tasty brews, and of all the beers I've tried from Ormsby's I haven't been disappointed, and therefore, I highly recommend you pop over to this new Atlanta establishment. They have delicious beer on tap - most specifically my favorite Weihenstephaner - great food, a super nice and knowledgeable staff, and a downstairs with some very fun games. I have a feeling, come Summer Fridays, you'll be able to find me at Ormsby's. I'm going to make this place "my place," where by the end of the Summer, everyone will know my name. Mission, set!

And no worries: I have District 9 on my TV stand and a date to see An Education this week...so I'll have lots to share Movie-wise very soon!


No comments: