Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm a Producer! So, here's a little self-promotion...

For of those of you have access to Turner Classic Movies, I highly recommend checking out the four films airing tonight (8PM Eastern): The Harvey Girls, Here Comes the Groom, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and Days of Wine and Roses. These selections encompass the Best Song Academy Award Winning films in the career of the prolific and brilliant Johnny Mercer. Before and after each film there will be discussion between our TCM host Robert Osborne and his co-host for the night, theater historian and Mercer expert Robert Kimball. What makes tonight special for me is that it marks my first foray into the realm of Producer. This was a really fun project, and one which I hope will lead to many more. Not only are the INTROs and OUTROs to the films entertaining and filled with great facts about Mercer, but the films are enjoyable as well. Thanks so much for all the support, and I hope you like what you see!